PTR’s business in Enfield, CT is currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join our Finance team. The position is responsible for product costing, product manufacturing analysis, inventory valuation and reporting activities.
- Perform month-end closing processes including but not limited to preparing and posting journal entries and performing account analysis.
- Develop standard cost updates and ensure that changes are controlled and updated as needed.
- Complete recurring management reports detailing sales, financial performance, operating performance and balance sheet fluctuations.
- Responsible for cycle counting programs including the investigation of major count variances to determine root causes.
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of manufacturing activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Assist in preparation for A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, Payments, Invoices and Inventory Schedules.
- Collaborate with Quality, Job Shop, Shipping and IT departments to improve accounting processes.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results.
- Assist in making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Sales and use tax return preparation-various states.
- Prepare other reports and assists in special projects and analysis as assigned by management.
- Various other accounting and finance tasks as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Proficiency in Windows environment with strong Excel skills; knowledge of accounting software. (Syteline a plus)
- Previous cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures.
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, with close attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
At PTR-Precision Technologies, we offer our employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement