PTR-Precision Technologies, Inc. is a member of the Global Beam Technologies group, the largest manufacturer of electron beam welding and drilling systems in the world. PTR manufactures Electron Beam Welding Systems for the North American market and provides process development, service, training, and job shop EB welding services at our Enfield, CT plant.
PTR – Precision Technologies, Inc. is currently seeking a General Accountant to join our Finance Team. The position is responsible for preparing financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties
- Prepares periodic balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements
- Maintains the general ledger
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books
- Reconciles bank accounts, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Processes weekly and biweekly payroll, and maintains all associated reports
- Records daily cash deposits and reconciles cash
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of accounting experience required
- Proficiency in Windows environment with strong Excel skills; knowledge of accounting software. (Syteline a plus)
- Previous accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent analytical and organization skills, with close attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
At PTR-Precision Technologies, we offer our employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Medical and Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Tuition Reimbursement